Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Before & After (Part 2)

Betrayal

At certain stage of life, you might meet someone that betray your trust and so did I.

During my teens, I have a crush for this guy for quite some time and I confine in a galfriend of mine. She was a classmate whom I met in Shatec and we were quite close at that time. We always hang out together thus at one occasion, she was introduce to him by me. She told me that she will help me in this so I was very happy. They start to hang out together and I never suspect anything.

During a class chalet, she brought him along and introduces him to others as her boyfriend. I was shock and lost for words ...It is the first betrayal I encountered.

This is nothing compare to the famous betrayal of Jesus by his disciple, Judas (Pls refer to Mark Chapter 14 verse 43 – 52).

Love

I have loved this person for the past 12 years. He got married 2 years back and may God bless and watch over him and his family.

When I first met him, he had jus broke up with his fiancée. She is a Christian jus like me. They were going to be married but broke up at the very last minute as he was not able to convert to Christianity. He is a free thinker and has a strong belief in no one but himself. Everything was good and seems perfect about him except of his belief.

I was not a strong Christian then and even hate my own religion for keeping us apart. We decided that time and being away from each other will be better for us thus he got married and settled down 2 years back.

Many friends say that I am foolish to let my happiness slip away but none knew it better than me. I have no confident in relationship as I have seen many much loving ones had failed. Can anyone guarantees a marriage or love that last forever?

Is there such a thing called true love? Like the one we see in movies or dramas? So perfect but so unreal and why do the people fear even in the movies or dramas? They have the perfect love but yet they still fear…..fear that death will keep them apart...fear that one gives up his or her own dreams to be with each other or even life for each other.

Isn’t this the great love that we are looking for in our own life? But why do we feel so empty or so hallow after watching such a movie or dramas of great love…..why do we feel so drain of emotion like the sky has no more colors but grey and the food just do not taste good anymore.

I am still searching for an answer but I knew that without God’s blessing, all kinds of worldly love will not last no matter how good it seems in the beginning.

For the bible has say in Romans 5 from verse 1 “Let us be at peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2 Through whom, in the same way, we have been able by faith to come to this grace in which we now are; and let us have joy in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting; 4 And waiting gives experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope does not put to shame; because our hearts are full of the love of God through the Holy Spirit which is given to us.”

In short, the love we received from God is something that will fill us up and will never left us empty.

No comments: