Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Q & A

Maybe most of my close friends are aware that I am now staying with my aunts but it was not an easy decision for me….once and for all…I am writing this down in the blog to clarify a few things

Did I move out willingly?

Yes and I was not kicked out of my house by my parents as some of you believe as I am a spinster and have to stay with my aunts and grandaunt since they are all spinsters. I moved out due to lack of room in my parent’s flat so that my 18 year old sister can share room with my other sister. I thought it will be better for everyone since my previous job requires lots of traveling and I was seldom at home due to that reason.

Did I regret moving out?

Yes and No.

Yes because I had quit that job and now was holding a job that does not require travel thus I am not able to move back to my parent’s place. What is done cannot be undone and I have to fork out more $$ each month to contribute to water and electricity bills at my aunt’s place….lucky thing is I do not need to pay rent.

No because I get to learn and adapt to new things all over again and be more appreciative towards my mum. I feel that I can be a better person through this process.

What difficulties did I face?

Rules and more rules…so many new house rules and I have to unlearn my old habits and learn new one. Some example of new house rules:

1) All lights off after 12pm. (I used to sleep at 2am lor)
2) No TV after 11pm. ( No more Japanese Animation and DVD drama chasing)
3) House curfew at 12pm. (No more mid-nights show and late night hangout)
4) Wake up latest by 9am even on weekends. (Alamak…cannot sleep late on sat)
5) No Air-Con in the house. (Was unable to sleep the first week…too pamper le)
6) No loud noise after 9pm as grandaunt is asleep. (Cannot even laugh lor…when watching my fav 10pm drama)

I think the list will just grow longer and longer so I better stop for now…guess it is not easy ….lucky they are my aunts and know me since young….can’t image if they are in-laws or housemate, maybe they will be less tolerant towards me.

Some of you think that this is such a wrong decision but relation between my family is better and I see this as a training ….I hope to become a better person for my family and friends…living my life with no regrets.

No comments: