Monday, October 6, 2008

Is that all? It was but not anymore…at least for me.

I was reading my friend’s blog and the question he asked used to be what I was asking myself before. Finally after much trouble, you have got what you want or complete a challenging task and you just feel so empty. Is that all? Not sure how many of you out there is also asking the same question but I did. Or after you have finish watching a long Korean drama which has a happy ending (most have bad ending mind you). I mean you should feel happy right? Hey….the poor couple finally got married after going through so much difficulty and it is a happy ending but why do I still feel so empty?

I used to feel that way too until recently I think…..maybe just a few months back. It’s just amazing and I can laugh at myself now. Why didn’t I realize it earlier but I guess this is the path of life that has to be discovered by oneself and I really am lost of words to describe it. Maybe this is the reason why I start to blog…to share ideas with you my friends and maybe you too will also understand…maybe in the future.

Kind of confusing right? I am like beating around the bush again but I am just lost in translation for this kind of feeling…it is pure joy that cannot be describe. It’s like the truth is lying in front of you all this time and you never see it and one day you just see it …it’s always there waiting for you to see it.

How should I start or explain it in a much simpler way. It is a choice, the choice is yours and mine to choose to see it or ignore it. But once you have make the choice of seeing it, the greatness is so overwhelming that you could not ignore it anymore.

For me, the choice is accepting Jesus Christ in my life. Okie…I know, many of you will say that I am a Christian since birth so what do I mean right? Yes, I am born and raised in a Christian family but understand the meaning of the Bible and accepting Jesus Christ is totally another different thing. I mean …look around you, do you see people around you that are Christian and yet doing a lot of terrible things that even non believers (those people without or other religions) will not do. Just look in the newspaper and you will find sex cult churches or cheating of money by Father (A Church Father). Terrible crimes and sins by human or those who changed the truth of God into a lie. How can one believe in God or His existence after witnessing all these?

I have my own doubts too although I do believe in God’s existence but it is easier to deny it than acknowledging it for me. Accepting God’s existence means going to church every Sunday during my teens, believing in God means giving up 10 percent of my earnings and much more since I am an adult. It is always easier to run away from all this and refuse to see the truth.

I was so self centered then and living my life the way I like. Everything is about me, myself, my feelings, my wants and I was not happy even after I have my ways and this is always my question…..Is that all?

No comments: