Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Faith

It was a busy month for me therefore please pandon me for lack of updating in my blog....err....maybe no one reads it (realize that most of my close friends do not have time to write blogs so dont even need to mention reading my blog). Oh well....anyway just in case there is someone reading and following my blog...thanks and may you find peace, love and faith in this new year.

A quick update on me...I am still having my exams, last paper will be on the 17Jan so hopefully I can get to blog more and write something challenging for our mind. By doing this, I get to organize my thoughts and at the same time able to do more research to revalidate my faith, increasing my faithfulness.

Definition of Faith

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

Someone once said that it was blind faith for one to believe in religion. It might be true for most case but not for Christians. Faith in Christianity can be based on evidence therefore it is reasonable faith. From my recent readings of McDowell, he mentions that the Christian faith is faith in Christ. Its value or worth is not in the one believing but in the One believed, not in the one trusting but in the One trusted.

Although many Muslims or Buddhists are more dedicated and show more faith than some Christians but it does not matter how much faith you have but rather who is the object of your faith that is very important from the Christian perspective of faith.

No comments: